The Journey Begins (Sep 27 - Sep 30, 2021)
Hello Friends!
My first week was kind of an adventure!
Monday:
On Monday I had my first day. That was really fun and went by really fast. I was able to bond with my district (who are awesome) and had a lot of fun. That day I had a lot of classes and had a lot of orientation. I also met my companion he is absolutely awesome!
Tuesday:
On Tuesday I had a lot more time to process it all. Class was awesome. I got to know my district more and learn what and how I am teaching a bit more. After my classes I got to view a pre-recorded devotional from Quinten L. Cook here are a few of my notes from that night:
-"what manner of man do you strive to be even as I am?" - 3rd Nephi 27:27
-Keep your lines in "multiple ponds" by reaching out to as many people as possible
-People are more likely to want to hear you if you are serving them
-Listen to peoples needs
-We show our love for God as we magnify our callings
-Primary motivation in callings should be our love and devotion to Jesus Christ
-Remember YOU are your first convert
Wednesday:
Class was again really fun that day. I was kind of getting burned out by being inside for my classes so I took my computer to the backyard and had class outside. I also taught my "first lesson"!
Thursday: I got to use today to do a lot of get ready things. I had a devotional early in the morning but I did take some notes!
-No Afflictions = Less conviction, because if you have more afflictions you can gain more convictions about gospel topics
-Vulnerability + Empathy = Connections
-Aim for the middle ground in your expectations (don't make your expectations so high you disappoint yourself but don't be so disappointed in yourself that you make your expectations too low)
I wrote down a lot of recipes so I can be able to cook for myself on my mission.
I was able to go to the Jordan River temple with my companion today! He's from Riverton so it was cool to actually get to meet in person!
Many thanks,
Elder Krebs


That's awesome you were able to meet your companion and go to the temple!
ReplyDelete